Saturday, July 20, 2013

Hello beautiful

It's been a long year since I last posted on any blog. I'm not quite sure how to restart except to just jump back in. I've missed documenting all the fun and crazy things my kids do. I think I had forgotten the reason that I had started blogging in the first place: for my kids. It's not about if my writing skills are good (they're not) or how well I took that picture or created that scrapbook page.

 It's about documenting their stories. And my stories, because one day they are going to want to know what mom's favorite color was or what made mom happy or how did mommy and daddy meet?

About a month ago, Gavin found my scrapbooks that were filled with pictures of him and Bekah. The stories inside made him cry. And that made my heart happy; not the fact he was crying, but the fact that my scrapbooks made him feel true emotions.

So now as I return to the blogging world, I hope that I don't fail and that I can continue to document these memories at least for my children's sakes.

And...today was the first day I completed a scrapbook layout in about 7 months! Yay! It's not my best work, but I'm proud that I finally sat down and finished one.


No comments:

Post a Comment